Skip to main content

Hold The Everything! I Just Went Paleo

So what can you eat?  

Is there anything left?  

Do you have to do that forever?  

What are you going to do when you go out to a restaurant?  

What do you do when you go out on a date?

And who is this doctor that you went to that would prescribe such a diet?  

Are you doing this for weight loss?  

But I thought you were Celiac and gluten-free.  Now Paleo too??  

No cheese?  How are you going to live?  No candy? OMG.  No added sugar?  What do you mean?!

You can't drink alcohol?  When the eff are you gonna get off this diet so we can go out drinking?

Not even wine?  Come on, wine never hurt anyone!  Have some wine.  "No thanks I'm good".  Come on just a sip.

What are you like a health nut now?

Do you even feel better on this diet?

What does it feel like to eliminate so much?

What do you mean you can't add sweetener to your coffee?  What? No coffee? Only on occasion? How do you live? No milk? Whaat? You drink it black? Whaat?  How.  Why.!!!!! I could never.

Is it hard?  It seems really hard.  I could never do it.  I love my sugar.  I love my dairy, my grains etc.  How are you even doing this diet?  I could never. Oh no.  Never.


What my phone conversation sounds like when I call Bareburger for takeout: 

"I'll have the Portobello burger with beef, medium well".

"No, hold the bun.  Yes, that is correct, I do not want the bread".

Are you Celiac?  "Yes".  We have Tapioca Rice bun.  "Nope, no bun.  I'll have the lettuce bed".

Okkk...

"Also hold the sauce".  No sauce?  "Yep.  No sauce".

"And hold the cheese too".

Ok, no cheese.  Anything else?

"Maybe.  What kind of sauce is your homemade slaw made with"?  

What do you mean?

"I mean, what's it marinated with?"

I don't know.  Can you hold on?…We use mustard.

"What kind of mustard? Is there sugar in it"?

At this point this guy is beyond annoyed that he has to answer so many questions he doesn't know or ever thinks to know.

Honey mustard.

"Oh.  Bummer, I can't have that right now, that has added sugar, forget it-no slaw".

Guy on the other end sounds very uncertain:  So you want a beef burger with Portobello Mushroom on a lettuce bed with no bun, no sauce and no cheese?  

"Yes".

You realize that's just a beef patty with mushroom and lettuce.  That's all you want?

"Yes".

I then hear some serious hesitation and I have to say "I'm on a new lifestyle.  I know it sounds bland, but my diet - It's very simplistic", just to justify my order.

….

Yes.  This diet can be super frustrating.  But it is also liberating!!! I feel great!  This lifestyle is right for me right now.  It has healed many of my health issues that mainstream doctors could not heal.  It has completely reversed my Anemia, my reflux, my eczema, my fatigue, my confidence, my absorption, my brain fog.  I feel like a shiny brand new me.  My body; my temple feels better then it ever has before.  I will continue this diet until every parcel of my body has completely healed along with a side of humor!  Because without humor-this road will be very long.

These are some of the funny things I deal with on a day to day basis while on Paleo.  For the most part this whole experience makes me laugh.  As frustrating as an Elimination diet is, the end goal is so much bigger.  The end goal is health.  The end goal is to feel vibrant again.  This is a journey.  And a journey has wavy roads and flat roads.  A journey has forests filled with trees.  It is our duty as human being on this planet to figure out our paths, and that includes healing our bodies, and sometimes going gluten-free is not enough.  Sometimes it involves more experimenting with lifestyle to heal our bodies from Auto-immune disorders.  I can sit here and say I wish I didn't have these problems, but then I wouldn't be where I am today.  And today is fantastic.

Enjoy!! xx
Julie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com